Saturday, June 16, 2012

Changing my Fate

Thought the title was appropriate for the new movie coming out soon (which I am very excited to see by the way) and for the news I am about to share.

For the past year, I have been working as a special education teacher and, while I love my kids with all my heart and love teaching them, the school and politics within caused several problems for me. The environment became uncomfortable and I did not feel like I was able to give my all to what I was doing. So I began searching for somewhere that might allow me to grow and learn, to challenge me and work to my full potential.

After lots of work and searching and a lot of help from some great friends, I am happy to announce that, after my WDW trip with my sister this week, I will be starting a brand new adventure in Florida. In the next several weeks, I will be moving into my new apartment in Kissimmee, FL.

That is not all though; As of the first week in July, I will begin my training for a new position...working in Hollywood Studios! I am excited to be within this park, not because it is my favorite park-actually the opposite-I do not know much about the Studios and hope to learn more and get a better appreciation for it.  It is an attractions position, but I look at it as a starting point on a huge opportunity to grow within the company. I had always hoped that this would become a reality and now it finally has!

I will still be working for Celebrations (though, over the next few weeks, please be patient with me as far as answering emails and interacting via Social Media) and I still hope to blog and interact, hopefully more now that I will be close to the magic. I want to make Twitterscursions a regular thing that I do hopefully a couple times a month so that I can bring the magic more to those of you who live farther away.

I will be at least tweeting along on my moving journey, so please follow along! I am naturally nervous, but am looking forward to sharing this new adventure with you! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Jess! So excited for you!! Dreams do come true! Can't wait to hear all about your new adventure!
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish to have a bright engineering career visit the Aurora Group of Institutions. Here is the link
    Aurora Group Of Institutions, http://aurora.edu.in/site/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very jealous. You are doing something I should have done almost 20 years ago when I was in the WDW College Program. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Reach for the stars !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Jessica!!! I'm happy for you! So, you're a local now? Awesome, maybe one of these days we'll get to meet up! I'm over in Brevard County!
    BTW, the Studios is my favorite park, I love the Great Movie Ride!

    ReplyDelete