Saturday, April 10, 2010

DVC Webcast convincing me yet again!

As I have mentioned before on this blog, I am very interested in the Disney Vacation Club, learning as much as I can about it so that I may purchase in the future! Where I get a lot of my information is from DVC Webcasts.

Last Tuesday, I viewed another one of the great webcasts called "Disney Traveler". It was presented by the DVC and was advertised to teach us about the DVC program and to give some info on what is going on in the parks.

As I waited for the show to begin, Disney jazz music and pictures from Disney flashed on the webcast screen. When the show began, our host, Mary, talked about how vacations were used a lot to celebrate milestones. She also mentioned about how a Disney vacation always feels so rushed because you want to fit everything in, but with a DVC purchase, you will be able to relax on your trips because you know you will be coming back again and again.

Another host talked with an Imagineer about the Fantasyland Expansion. He talked a lot about the plans, nothing new except for one thing I did not realize; in Belle's Cottage, you will walk through a mirror to get to Beast's castle. I thought that was pretty cool. He also mentioned that the Little Mermaid attraction coming to Fantasyland was also going to be in California Adventure. Opening is still predicted for Fall of 2012.

The webcast then interviewed some people about their DVC experience and talked about the international trips you can take with DVC. I must admit that I like that you can use your points to go anywhere! They then went into detail about DVC, including prices and the point system.

I was very excited that one room that they showed us was a 2 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas! In just 2 months, Chris and I will be there! *pauses while calming down from excitement* Anyway, one new thing I learned about DVC was that you could send a grocery list to the DVC and they will shop for you and deliver the food to your room for a $6 delivery charge plus the cost of your groceries.

At the end, they discussed the Disney Cruise Line, how the points can be used there, and even showed concept art for the new ship, Disney Dream. They showed the AquaDuck ride through!

The total webcast lasted 45 minutes and was quite entertaining as well as informative. You learned a lot about DVC and, if I wasn't a poor college student, I would have bought that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment