Monday, July 20, 2009

The remedy??

Just an update on my health situation for everyone:

I was approved for the Enbrel by my insurance and received it on Thursday by FedEx! It had to be shipped cold. I took my first injection yesterday morning. While it was quite painful, the injection part only lasted about 15 seconds and the pain afterwords lasted but a few minutes. I haven't had any side effects so far either! Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end when it comes to oral medications! I am still on the Prednisone just as a precautionary back up. When I go back to the doctor at the end of August, he will begin to ween me off of it, so I will be strictly on the Enbrel and we can watch its full effects with the new doctor. It looks like steps are finally going in the right direction!

As for the dizzy spells, nothing about them yet. I don't go to the Neurologist until the 11th of August, so we will have to wait and see what happens. I am still having dizzy spells almost daily, but I am learning to cope with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment