Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fun New Download by Disney

My computer has tons of Disney stuff on it, from countdowns to trip guides to just pictures galore! Today, I found a new downloadable goodie by Disney that is just so fun that I have to share it with you!

Before I continue, let me just say for my international friends that unfortunately Disney has cut you guys off again, requiring a valid US Zip Code for participation. This is due to the weather feature that is on the desktop screen. Sorry friends :(

It's called Disney Vacation Connection and it downloads right onto your desktop. This download give you fast information on Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Adventures by Disney, Disney Cruise Line, and the Disney Vacation Club. After you download the feature, which only takes a few moments, you are asked a bunch of questions that personalize the widget for you, including where you are, what parks you are interest in receiving information about and if you have a trip planned.

I selected the feature saying that we have an upcoming trip planned (with Chris and my vacation a mere 9 days away!) After I selected this, it asked details about the trip, including where it was, what resort you are staying at and for how long the trip is. After this is all filled out, you are taken to the main screen, where news and videos flash up for you to enjoy. There is currently a video about the Disney Dream's progress.

Some of the other screens include a planning screen to help you get ready for your vacation, a list of events that are going on in the parks, articles about different insider information to read, and, as mentioned before, a weather feature, comparing the weather where you are to WDW's weather. My favorite feature is on the bottom of the suitcase looking icon. There is a trip countdown calendar on there, counting down the days, hours and minutes until your trip.

Coming soon on the feature, there will be a gallery of pictures to look at and a section where you can answer questions and polls to get points towards downloadable wallpapers and other Disney Downloads.

I am have quite a good time playing with this new widget on my desktop and I think you will too! Check it out by clicking here! Feel free to let me know what you think of this download.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Thanks for the info. I saw that this was available just didn't know what it was. It's installed and is super pretty and fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! so glad I was able to help you decide to download it or not! :)

    ReplyDelete