Saturday, March 26, 2011

Interactive Queue Ideas: Hollywood Studios

Continuing the Interactive Queues Discussion, here are some attractions in Hollywood Studios that could benefit from this addition.

Great Movie Ride – Yes, I know, this is relatively interactive already with the movies and all, but if nothing else, they need to add movie trailers! If you are in the queue for over 15 minutes, which is more than likely the case, you are going to keep seeing a repeat of the same 10 or so trailers and it gets boring after a while.  Please add new movies to that queue, they don’t all have to be just the ones for the scenes in the attraction, there can be others as well!


Voyage of the Little Mermaid – If not the inside part of this queue, at least the outside needs some sort of entertainment.  Maybe a screen wall that shows different pictures of sea creatures floating by or a giant interactive touch screen that allows people to poke and make ripples in the water with fish going by. 

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster – Different queue ideas have been tried for this before and I was not preset for these, so I am not sure how they turned out, but this queue could use some kind of boost.  I still think I like the queue idea for this like the one they are going to use for Dumbo, where you are part of a group and you are able to wander around the queue area until your group is called to board.

Those are the rides I suggest for this park.  I have also seen people suggest Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania, but I say Heck NO! because they have such an interesting and visually appealing queue with so much to look at.  Interactive stuff in those queues would just take away from them. (See my post on Toy Story Mania's Queue)  Feel free to leave a comment below to let me know if you agree or disagree with my ideas or if you have some of your own!

Oh, and I have heard from several sources that Disney has confirmed that there will be more interactive queues to come in the future, so maybe these possibilities will become a reality!  We shall have to wait and see.  Look soon for my Epcot Interactive Queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment