Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving in Philly

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the States and in just a few short hours, I will be on my way to Philadelphia to spend the night and then, tomorrow morning, get up to watch the 90th Annual 6ABC Ikea Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! I have seen the parade in Philly before, both on television and in person, but this year is extra special!

This year, my little sister, Emily, is actually marching in the parade! She is a member of the first Tournament Of Bands All Star Band! She is the only member of her high school that signed up to do this and we are so proud of her! She will be one of the many color guard members that are marching with the band. The band is almost 200 members strong and will be making their first appearance at the parade after meeting for the first time just the night before! It is an amazing feat by all of these students and I am so proud of my sister for being involved!

Make sure to check out Good Morning America at 8 am Eastern, the TOB All Star Band will be featured at that time!!

For information on the 6ABC Ikea Thanksgiving Day Parade, check out the Offical Webpage Here.

If you would like to help my sister with a fund raiser for her indoor color guard season, please see my blog post on it by clicking here. Anyone in the US or Canada is able to purchase items from it from now until December 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment