Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mini Interview With Author Ridley Pearson

When I was in Walt Disney World on my last trip in 2007, I was looking at a shelf of books and stumbled upon The Kingdom Keepers. As I read the synopsis, I found it to be about my favorite place, Walt Disney World obviously, and adventures within it. I bought the book and took it home to read and was amazed at the detail about the parks that was in the book! I was so excited that when I finished reading the book, I read it again, just to be transplanted into the detail of Disney World once again! The story line just gave me chills and being able to picture where the story was taking place exactly just made it feel all the more real! I was able to as a few questions of the man that is behind the Kingdom Keepers and Starcatchers books, Ridley Pearson, and thought I would share it with all of my friends!
1. What makes you want to write adventure books about Disney?
The "world" of the Disney parks is exciting and intriguing. Working with Disney -- getting into the parks when they're closed -- is just too much fun!

2. How did you come up with the idea for The Kingdom Keepers?
I think the inspiration was a trip to WDW with my daughters: I wondered, as we left: What's it like in the parks when everyone's gone?

3. Was a lot of research involved? Maybe some research trips?
Yes. I've made many visits to the parks at 5AM when no one is there. Then I talk to the Cast Members that run the attractions and get the "inside scoop." It's the best part of writing the books!

4. How did the Starcatchers Series originate?
While reading Peter Pan to my daughter, she asked me: How did Peter meet Captain Hook in the first place?" That started it all!

5. Who is your favorite character in the book? Why?
I like Hook a lot; the incompetent pirate. And Tinkerbell. But Molly will always have a place in my heart because she reminds me of my daughters, Paige and Storey.

6. Any other thoughts/comments?
Kingdom Keepers 3 comes out in April. Disney is making a new Kingdom Keepers website and on-line game. Should be really
FUN!!!

You can check out Ridley Pearson's Website at www.ridleypearson.com. You can also follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/RidleytheWriter.

I personally am VERY excited to be hearing about this new website and on-line game! I will be keeping an eye out for this information and will keep you all updated as information comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment