Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bushkill Falls- A piece of nature heaven on Earth

I am not exactly what you would call an Outdoorsy person. I am not really the camping type or like to spend hours outside, but I do enjoy a good nature walk every once in a while, especially when I have my camera with me. I had that opportunity when I went to Bushkill Falls in Bushkill, PA.

This place is called the "Niagara of Pennsylvania" and it really is! There are a lot of different water falls, both big and small here and the surrounding area is just gorgeous! There are 4 different paths that you can hike on, the longest being the red path that is about 2 miles long. I did that one and taking that one allowed you to see everything there was to see on the property, including a gorgeous lookout onto the Delaware Valley.

If you are looking for a calm place to go with amazing sights of nature, I would whole heartedly suggest Bushkill Falls! A warning for all of you Techy people though: the entire property, along with a small portion of the ride up to it, has a very low or no signal at all. It is a real getaway from the outside world and it is a wonderful way to enjoy nature!

Click here to visit Bushkill Falls Main Site.

To see some of my photos from my visit, see my Flickr account by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment