Thursday, September 17, 2009

The start of 8 great teaching weeks!

In the fall semester of Junior year at Neumann University, elementary education majors have field experience, where we go out into schools to observe and teach, for 8 Thursdays. Today was my first day. I am teaching and observing in a 4th grade classroom at Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Delaware. I was a little nervous this morning because I have never worked with kids this old for so long before and I was kinda worried that they would be taller than me. When my fellow students and I got there, we met with the principal and got a tour of the school and she answered a lot of our questions that we needed for one of our assignments. She then took us to our teachers.

We walked passed a room and I stopped for a second and admired the Mickey Mouse banner that was outside welcoming everyone, almost missing when the principal said "This is the 4th grade room one of you are in. As you can tell, she is a big Mickey fan". I was so excited!!!!! My mentor teacher liked Disney!!! Not only does she like Disney I later found out, but her daughter is a Supervisor in the cafeteria at All Star Music and her daughter's husband is a chef!!! She went down 2 times this summer!!! Her room is covered in Mickey's; I felt right at home! I am so excited to be in this classroom, the teacher is nice and the kids are so well behaved! I think this is going to be a real fun semester!!!

Below are a few pictures from my Mentor Teacher's room. Its so Disneyfied! I thought you Disney fans would enjoy these!
One of the bulletin boards that was in her room!


The Smart Board and white board with the Disney touch!!!
Part of her Mickey collection!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment