Saturday, June 18, 2011

Counting to the Magic: 30 Days

Woo Hoo! 30 days! One Month until Walt Disney World!!!!! (Plus, today is Chris' birthday!) Today is a good day!!

So, what is it that I am looking forward to doing today?? Adding to my pin collection! I do not collect pins like the typical person who usually does it trade or to get really valuable ones; I use mine to tell a story or to help me remember an event from a trip.  Every trip to WDW that I go on, I buy a lanyard and on that lanyard, I put pins from that trip that mean something to me and will remind me of that trip.  For example, I will buy a pin for my first time going on an attraction or for my first time seeing a new show or parade.  The pins are colorful and fun reminders of my vacations.

Here are some pictures and stories of pins I have collected over my trips:

This pin is from 2002, my first trip to WDW and this was the celebration happening when I was down
I got this pin after my first dinner at Chef Mickey's in 2004

This pin is from 2004 also, I got this because this trip was my first time seeing Mickey's Philharmagic

Can you guess why I got this pin in 2005? My first stay at the Boardwalk Resort of course!

I went on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster for the first time in 2005 and got this pin

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! Most of mine are from when I was a CP in 2000. Some are just favorite characters and rides, but I had some that were specific to special events going on. When we were down there last year I made sure to get a pin with the year and I also bought the Cubs & Cardinals Mickey pins!

    ReplyDelete